LAKE PEND OREILLE, ID 2019

Lake Pend Oreille is the largest lake in Idaho; 43 miles long and 1,150ft deep in some areas, making it the fifth deepest lake in the United States. During World War II, the south end was the second largest naval training ground in the world. There's so much history behind this lake and I feel honored to have masked in its beauty.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I got to take a road trip up to Lake Pend Oreille in Northern Idaho yesterday! The beautiful mountainous scenery left me in awe. I got to experiment and practice my landscape photography skills and I'm extremely proud of the results!

Started in in the town of Bayview, which has the population of 588. This is the most south town located on the lake, which made it the first destination. The atmosphere of the town was very peaceful; no traffic to be heard; only silence. The air was brisk and the wind was chilly, but the scenery was worth the pain of the winter storm approaching.
Here is a shot I took from a far distance using zoom on my lens; the photograph doesn't do it justice.
The next town stopped at was Sandpoint, which has the population of 8,390, making it the largest small town in the region. This town gives off the vibe of a very countrified city, what more can you ask for? Traffic was little to none and the locals were very friendly and welcoming. A majority of the first day was spent checking out all the beautiful scenery of the town before heading off to the next destination. The first photo is of me in front of the train track that goes over the lake. Standing underneath the tracks as the train goes by is an absolute adrenaline rush!
The second photo is of the welcome sign for the town! I thought it looked rather fascinating in person! The exit for Sandpoint was different than exits I've ever taken before and it got me lost a few times! GPS lead me in the wrong direction when trying to find my hotel, so I was on the road heading south several times. Note to self: NEVER TRUST GPS. 
The final town of the day was East Hope/Hope, which have the total population of 308; talk about a small town! When reaching this destination, it was sunset so I had the amazing opportunity to capture God's gift to us: nature! The colors in the sky were wildly vibrant, screaming pink, orange, purple, and more! No matter the make or model, a camera will never be able to fully capture the essence of this beautiful world, no matter how close it may get.
While watching this sunset, I was reminded of how great God's Love is for all of us. We are His children and He cares about each and every one of us. Nature always reminds me of this; He created a beautiful earth for us to enjoy and praise Him for. I am forever thankful of His Love and mercy that He has for us; His Grace is never ending.
Here's a few photos of the amazing sunset I got to witness in the town of Hope.



This trip was an amazing experience, but I wish I would have been able to see more of the towns that are located on Lake Pend Oreille. There are so many areas of this beautiful world just waiting to be discovered! My number one dream is to see as many of them as I can before I pass away. I want to be able to thank my Lord in person for blessing us with such an amazing planet and thank Him for creating an even more beautiful Heaven.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I know! Idaho is so beautiful and I've been truly blessed to live in such a gorgeous state! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts